1. First Prize for Best Original Research Award given by the Assessment Committee of the 13th National Congress of Microbiology, Thessaloniki, April 2-3, 1988 (Abstract 77) entitled: Distribution and Toxicity of Lipopolysaccharides from Pseudomosa spp. Tsanakakis GN., Veronikis D., Anastasiou E., Dimitrakopoulos G.
2. First Prize for Best Original Research Award given by the XIII Assessment Committee of the Panhellenic Conference of Rheumatology, Athens, 19-21 November 1992 (Abstract 38) entitled: Edema per flesh: A rare but clearly related disorder polymyositis. Antonopoulos A., Sfountouris H., Tzanakakis G., Karalis Th., Gogos X
3. First Prize for Best Original Research Awarded by the Assessment Committee of the 7th Annual Meeting of the Hellenic Research Club for Connective Tissue & Matrix Biology, Patras 8-9 April 2005 entitled: The growth factor-dependent biosynthesis of chondroitin / jeparan sulfate proteoglycans and hyaluronan in fibrosarcoma cells is severely affected by genistein. Fthenou E., Zafiropoulos A., Dialyna I., Karamanos NK., Tzanakakis G.N.
4. 1st Prize for Best Laboratory Oncology Award given by the Assessment Committee of the 1st Interstate Cancer Congress, Athens March 20-23, 2003: Effect of letrozole on cell proliferation and expression of metalloproteases (MM-2) in human breast cancer epithelial cells. Mitropoulou THN., Tzanakakis GN., Kletsas D., Kalofonos CH., Karamanos NK.
5. Award for best oral communication given by the Commission Assessment of the Proceedings of the 59th Panhellenic Congress of the Hellenic Society Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Athens December 7-9, 2007 Proliferation of epithelial colon cancer cells and stromal fibroblast-induced growth and activation of proMMP-2 are effectively inhibited by imatinib. Stahtea X., Roussidis AE., Kanakis I., Tzanakakis G.N., Chalkiadakis G., Mavroudis D., Kletsas D., Karamanos NK.
6. Award for best study at the 8th Panhellenic Congress Hellenic Society of Biochemistry for Binding and Extracellular Research and Molecular Biology Meeting that took place in Heraklion on April 14-15, 2006 at Amphitheater of the Department of Medicine of the University of Crete with title: The expression of SLRP proteoglycans lumican and biglycan differs among osteosarcoma has different metastatic cell lines and is specifically regulated by TGF-b. Nikitovic D., Zafiropoulos A., Chatzinicolaou G., Tzanakakis GN
7. A First Prize for Best Original Research Design Awarded by her Assessment Committee of the 7th Annual Meeting of the Hellenic Research Club for Connective Tissue & Matrix Biology, Patras 10-11 July 2009 entitled: Focal adhesion (FAK) signaling pathway is essential for the FGF-2-induced effect on M5 melanoma ce3ll migration and adhesion on the fibronectin substrate. Chalkiadaki G., Nikitovic D., Berdiaki A., Fthenou E., Chatzinikolaou G., Tzanakakis GN.
8. THE FEDERATION OF EUROPEAN BIOCHEMICAL SOCIETIES The “Young Investigator Award ”is awarded to Georgia Chalkiadaki for the scientific presentation in the FEBS Advanced Lecture Course Matrix Pathology, Signaling and Molecular Targets (2nd FEBS-MPST 2009) Patras, Greece, July 11-16, 2009 entitled: FGF-2 mediates melanoma cell adhesion and migration through a FAK dependent pathway mechanism. Chalkiadaki G., Nikitovic D., Berdiaki A., Fthenou E, Chatzinikolaou G.,Tzanakakis GN.
9. THE FEDERATION OF EUROPEAN BIOCHEMICAL SOCIETIES The “Young Investigator Award ”is awarded to Kouvidi K., Berdiaki A., Nikitovic D., Mytilineou M., Voudouri K., Tzanakakis G.N.,“ Hyaluronan Signaling through RHAMM in Fibrosarcoma Cell Asheson ”in the FEBS Advanced Lecture Course Matrix Pathobiology, Signaling and Molecular Targets (3rd FEBS-MPST 2011) Spetses, Greece, September 2-7, 2011
10. Award fir best study of young researchers at Bionanotox 2018, 9th International Conference- Biomaterials and Nanobiomaterials Recent advances-Toxicology and Ecology Issues, 6th - 13th May, 2018 entitled: "Caffeine Affects breast cancer cell adhesion status independently of their estrogen receptor expression status "Giatagana Ei., Voudouri K., Ftika S., Berdiaki A., Nikitovic D, Tzanakakis GN.
11. Commendation "Honorary member of the Dermatological Association of Moldova", to Dragana Nikitovic, Iasi, Romania April, 2019.
INNOvation with GLYcans
Faculty of Medicine, University of Crete Hybrid Symposium 27-29 September
Heraklion, Greece & Zoom Platform Poster, Timetable
"Exploring the Multifaceted Roles of Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) - New Advances and Further Challenges" Editors
Dr. Dragana Nikitovic
Dr. Serge Perez Website
"The Role of Extracellular Matrix in Cancer Development and Progression" Editors
Professor George Tzanakakis
Professor Dragana Nikitovic Website